Table of contents
About this book
"Pattern Recognition, Machine Intelligence and Biometrics" covers the most recent developments in Pattern Recognition and its applications, using artificial intelligence technologies within an increasingly critical field. It covers topics such as: image analysis and fingerprint recognition; facial expressions and emotions; handwriting and signatures; iris recognition; hand-palm gestures; and multimodal based research. The applications span many fields, from engineering, scientific studies and experiments, to biomedical and diagnostic applications, to personal identification and homeland security. In addition, computer modeling and simulations of human behaviors are addressed in this collection of 31 chapters by top-ranked professionals from all over the world in the field of PR/AI/Biometrics.
The book is intended for researchers and graduate students in Computer and Information Science, and in Communication and Control Engineering.
Dr. Patrick S. P. Wang is a Professor Emeritus at the College of Computer and Information Science, Northeastern University, USA, Zijiang Chair of ECNU, Shanghai, and NSC Visiting Chair Professor of NTUST, Taipei.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-22407-2
- Copyright Information Higher Education Press, Beijing and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-22406-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-22407-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site