About this book
In this work, the authors present a fully statistical approach to model non--native speakers' pronunciation. Second-language speakers pronounce words in multiple different ways compared to the native speakers. Those deviations, may it be phoneme substitutions, deletions or insertions, can be modelled automatically with the new method presented here.
The methods is based on a discrete hidden Markov model as a word pronunciation model, initialized on a standard pronunciation dictionary. The implementation and functionality of the methodology has been proven and verified with a test set of non-native English in the regarding accent.
The book is written for researchers with a professional interest in phonetics and automatic speech and speaker recognition.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-19586-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-19585-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-19586-0
- Series Print ISSN 1860-4862
- Series Online ISSN 1860-4870
- About this book