Table of contents
About this book
"Advances in Cell Mechanics" presents the latest developments in cell mechanics and biophysics, mainly focusing on interdisciplinary research in cell biology and the biophysics of cells. Moreover, a unique feature of the book is its emphasis on the molecular and complex continuum modeling and simulations of the cells. It may be the first work that brings rigorous and quantitative scientific analysis and state-of-the-art simulation technology into cell biology research.
The book is intended for researchers and graduate students working in the fields of molecular cell biology, bio-engineering and bio-mechanics, soft matter physics, computational mechanics, bio-chemistry and bio-medicine.
All contributors are leading scholars in their respective fields. Dr. Shaofan Li is a professor and an expert for computational mechanics at the University of California-Berkeley, USA; Dr. Bohua Sun is a professor at Cape Peninsula University of Technology, South Africa.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-17590-9
- Copyright Information Higher Education Press, Beijing and Springer-Verlag GmbH Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-17589-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-17590-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site