About this book
The LNCS journal Transactions on Computational Systems Biology is devoted to inter- and multidisciplinary research in the fields of computer science and life sciences and supports a paradigmatic shift in the techniques from computer and information science to cope with the new challenges arising from the systems oriented point of view of biological phenomena.
This special issue on Computational Models for Cell Processes is based on a workshop with the same name that took place in Turku, Finland, on May 27, 2008. The accepted papers, which have passed through a separate peer-review process, span an interesting mix of approaches to systems biology, ranging from quantitative to qualitative techniques, from continuous to discrete mathematics, from deterministic to stochastic methods, and from computational models for biology to computing paradigms inspired by biology. Also included in this issue are three regular submissions dealing with the relationship between ODEs and stochastic concurrent constraint programming, with the equilibrium points of genetic regulatory networks, and with probability models describing how epigenetic context affects gene expression and organismal development.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-04186-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-04185-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-04186-0
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- Buy this book on publisher's site