About this book
This volume focuses on structure, function and regulation of plant signaling G proteins and their function in hormonal pathways, polarity, differentiation, morphogenesis and responses to biotic and abiotic stresses.
Plants are sessile organisms that need to continuously coordinate between external and internal cues. This coordination requires the existence of hubs to allow cross-talk between different signaling pathways. A single family of Rho GTPases termed either ROPS or RACs and heterotrimeric G proteins have emerged as the major molecular switches in multitude of signal transduction pathway in plants.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-03524-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-03523-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-03524-1
- Series Print ISSN 1867-9048
- Series Online ISSN 1867-9056
- About this book