Table of contents
About this book
Data Management is the process of planning, coordinating and controlling
data resources. More often, applications need to store and search a large
amount of data. Managing Data has been continuously challenged
by demands from various areas and applications and has evolved in parallel
with advances in hardware and computing techniques.
This volume focuses on its recent advances and it is composed of five parts
and a total of eighteen chapters. The first part of the book contains five
contributions in the area of information retrieval & Web intelligence: a novel
approach to solving index selection problem, integrated retrieval from Web of
documents and data, bipolarity in database querying, deriving data summarization
through ontologies, and granular computing for Web intelligence.
The second part of the book contains four contributions in knowledge discovery area.
Its third part contains three contributions in information integration & data
security area. The remaining two parts of the book contain six contributions
in the area of intelligent agents and applications of data management
in medical domain.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-02190-9
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-02189-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-02190-9
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- Buy this book on publisher's site