About this book
This book on Evolutionary Image Analysis and Signal Processing, besides celebrating ten years of EvoIASP, the only event specifically dedicated to this topic since 1999, offers readers a panoramic view of what can be presently achieved using Evolutionary Computation techniques in computer vision, pattern recognition, and image and signal processing.
Its chapters mostly consist of extended versions of a selection of papers which were presented at recent editions of EvoIASP. The book includes examples which span, rather uniformly, the whole range of roles Evolutionary Computation techniques may have in such applications, from representing optimization tools used to tune or refine parameters or components of a mostly predefined solution up to situations where the solution itself is intrinsically evolutionary.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-01636-3
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-01635-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-01636-3
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- About this book