About this book
"Discontinuous Dynamical Systems on Time-varying Domains" is the first monograph focusing on this topic. While in the classic theory of dynamical systems the focus is on dynamical systems on time-invariant domains, this book presents discontinuous dynamical systems on time-varying domains where the corresponding switchability of a flow to the time-varying boundary in discontinuous dynamical systems is discussed. From such a theory, principles of dynamical system interactions without any physical connections are presented. Several discontinuous systems on time-varying domains are analyzed in detail to show how to apply the theory to practical problems. The book can serve as a reference book for researchers, advanced undergraduate and graduate students in mathematics, physics and mechanics.
Dr. Albert C. J. Luo is a professor at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, USA. His research is involved in the nonlinear theory of dynamical systems. His main contributions are in the following aspects: a stochastic and resonant layer theory in nonlinear Hamiltonian systems, singularity on discontinuous dynamical systems, and approximate nonlinear theories for a deformable-body.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-00253-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-00252-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-00253-3
- Series Print ISSN 1867-8440
- Buy this book on publisher's site