Table of contents
About this book
Nigeria is a vast country with considerable wealth in natural resources and understanding Nigeria’s geology is critical for efficient exploration and exploitation of these resources. This book provides a detailed description of Nigeria’s geology and mineral resources with the aim of promoting sustainable economic development of Nigeria’s mineral and petroleum sectors.
The book is divided into three parts. Part 1 discusses the geology of the crystalline rocks and their regional distribution while the sedimentary basins constitute the subject of Part 2. Part 3 presents the mineral resources of Nigeria, their geological environment, mode of occurrence, localities and where possible their estimated reserves. This is followed by an account of the previous and current mining policies (including that of petroleum) of the Nigerian government and highlights those areas of the minerals sector favorable for investment in the near future.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-92685-6
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-92684-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-92685-6
- Series Print ISSN 0930-0317
- Buy this book on publisher's site