About this book
Large Eddy Simulation (LES) is a high-fidelity approach to the numerical simulation of turbulent flows. Recent developments have shown LES to be able to predict aerodynamic noise generation and propagation as well as the turbulent flow, by means of either a hybrid or a direct approach.
This book is based on the results of two French/German research groups working on LES simulations in complex geometries and noise generation in turbulent flows. The results provide insights into modern prediction approaches for turbulent flows and noise generation mechanisms as well as their use for novel noise reduction concepts.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-89956-3
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-89955-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-89956-3
- Series Print ISSN 1612-2909
- Series Online ISSN 1060-0824
- Buy this book on publisher's site