About this book
This book, as a volume of the Shock Wave Science and Technology Reference Library, is primarily concerned with detonation waves or compression shock waves in reactive heterogeneous media, including mixtures of solid, liquid and gas phases.
The topics involve a variety of energy release and control processes in such media - a contemporary research field that has found wide applications in propulsion and power, hazard prevention as well as military engineering.
The six extensive chapters contained in this volume are:
- Spray Detonation (SB Murray and PA Thibault)
- Detonation of Gas-Particle Flow (F Zhang)
- Slurry Detonation (DL Frost and F Zhang)
- Detonation of Metalized Composite Explosives (MF Gogulya and MA Brazhnikov)
- Shock-Induced Solid-Solid Reactions and Detonations (YA Gordopolov, SS Batsanov, and VS Trofimov)
- Shock Ignition of Particles (SM Frolov and AV Fedorov)
Each chapter is self-contained and can be read independently of the others, though, they are thematically interrelated. They offer a timely reference, for graduate students as well as professional scientists and engineers, by laying out the foundations and discussing the latest developments including yet unresolved challenging problems.