Table of contents
About this book
Complex dynamics constitute a growing and increasingly important area as they offer a strong potential to explain and formalize natural, physical, financial and economic phenomena.
This book pursues the ambitious goal to bring together an extensive body of knowledge regarding complex dynamics from various academic disciplines. Beyond its focus on economics and finance, including for instance the evolution of macroeconomic growth models towards nonlinear structures as well as signal processing applications to stock markets, fundamental parts of the book are devoted to the use of nonlinear dynamics in mathematics, statistics, signal theory and processing.
Numerous examples and applications, almost 700 illustrations and numerical simulations based on the use of Matlab make the book an essential reference for researchers and students from many different disciplines who are interested in the nonlinear field. An appendix recapitulates the basic mathematical concepts required to use the book.
- Book Title Complex and Chaotic Nonlinear Dynamics
- Book Subtitle Advances in Economics and Finance, Mathematics and Statistics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-85978-9
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Economics and Finance (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-85977-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-09947-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-85978-9
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 752
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Applications of Mathematics
Statistics for Business, Management, Economics, Finance, Insurance
- Buy this book on publisher's site