About this book
Automatic Text Categorization and Clustering are becoming more and more important as the amount of text in electronic format grows and the access to it becomes more necessary and widespread. Well known applications are spam filtering and web search, but a large number of everyday uses exist (intelligent web search, data mining, law enforcement, etc.) Currently, researchers are employing many intelligent techniques for text categorization and clustering, ranging from support vector machines and neural networks to Bayesian inference and algebraic methods, such as Latent Semantic Indexing.
This volume offers a wide spectrum of research work developed for intelligent text categorization and clustering. In the following, we give a brief introduction of the chapters that are included in this book.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-85644-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-85643-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-85644-3
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- Buy this book on publisher's site