About this book
Part of Tsinghua University Texts, "Statistical Properties of Deterministic Systems" discusses the fundamental theory and computational methods of the statistical properties of deterministic discrete dynamical systems. After introducing some basic results from ergodic theory, two problems related to the dynamical system are studied: first the existence of absolute continuous invariant measures, and then their computation. They correspond to the functional analysis and numerical analysis of the Frobenius-Perron operator associated with the dynamical system.
The book can be used as a text for graduate students in applied mathematics and in computational mathematics; it can also serve as a reference book for researchers in the physical sciences, life sciences, and engineering.
Dr. Jiu Ding is a professor at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Southern Mississippi; Dr. Aihui Zhou is a professor at the Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-85367-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-85366-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-85367-1
- Series Print ISSN 1993-0305
- Buy this book on publisher's site