Table of contents
About this book
This book constitutes the thoroughly refereed proceedings of the Second GeoSensor Networks Conference, held in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, in October 2006. The conference addressed issues related to the collection, management, processing, analysis, and delivery of real-time geospatial data using distributed geosensor networks. This represents an evolution of the traditional static and centralized geocomputational paradigm.
The 13 carefully reviewed and selected papers included in the volume constitute extended versions of the papers presented at the conference. They are preceded by an introduction written by the volume editors. The book is structured in sections on Data Acquisition and Processing, Data Analysis and Integration, and Applications. The papers represent key research areas that are fundamental in order to realize the full potential of the emerging geosensor network paradigm. The contributions cover theentire spectrum of the field from low-level energy consumption issues at the individual sensor level to the high-level abstraction of events and ontologies or models to recognize and monitor phenomena using geosensor networks.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-79996-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-79995-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-79996-2
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- About this book