About this book
System designers are faced with a large set of data which has to be analysed and processed efficiently. Advanced computational intelligence paradigms present tremendous advantages by offering capabilities such as learning, generalisation and robustness. These capabilities help in designing complex systems which are intelligent and robust.
The book includes a sample of research on the innovative applications of advanced computational intelligence paradigms. The characteristics of computational intelligence paradigms such as learning, generalization based on learned knowledge, knowledge extraction from imprecise and incomplete data are the extremely important for the implementation of intelligent machines. The chapters include architectures of computational intelligence paradigms, knowledge discovery, pattern classification, clusters, support vector machines and gene linkage analysis. We believe that the research on computational intelligence will simulate great interest among designers and researchers of complex systems. It is important to use the fusion of various constituents of computational intelligence to offset the demerits of one paradigm by the merits of another.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-79474-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-79473-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-79474-5
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- Buy this book on publisher's site