Table of contents
About this book
Volume 11 of group IV presents phase diagrams, crystallographic and thermodynamic data of ternary alloy systems. The subvolume D deals with iron systems, with part 3 considering selected systems from Co-Fe-Si to Cu-Fe-Pt. At ambient pressure the equilibria of each individual ternary system are discussed as functions of temperature yielding spatial diagrams whose sections and projections are displayed. The phase equilibria are described in terms of liquidus, solidus and solvus projections, isothermal, vertical and quasibinary sections. Data on invariant equilibria are generally given in the form of tables and reaction schemes.
The volume forms a comprehensive review and rigorous systematization of the presently available data. For each system the often conflicting literature and contradictory information has been thoroughly evaluated by a team of experts, MSIT, and can thus be presented in a standard format. Back to the year 1900 the literature has been reviewed, implying possible reinterpretations from today's state of knowledge, and incorporated in the volume. The tables and diagrams are preceded by descriptive commenting texts.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-74199-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-74197-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-74199-2
- Series Online ISSN 1616-9557
- Buy this book on publisher's site