About this book
Based on a systematic understanding of its theoretical foundations, “Self-Excited Vibration: Theory, Paradigms, and Research Methods” offers a method for analyzing any type of self-excited vibration (SEV). After summarizing the research results of various SEV phenomenon, including chatter, shimmy, rotor whirl, flutter, gallop, and SEV of man-made control systems, the author constructs a general constitutive mechanism of SEV, as well as a common research program and detailed analysis technique. All of these will help the reader independently analyze any new SEV phenomena.
Prof. Wenjing Ding was the Director of the Dynamics and Vibration Division of the Engineering Mechanics Department of Tsinghua University, China.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-69741-1
- Copyright Information Tsinghua University Press,Beijing and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-69740-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-69741-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site