Table of contents
About this book
In recent years considerable progress has been made in the area of probabilistic graphical models, in particular Bayesian networks and influence diagrams. Probabilistic graphical models have become mainstream in the area of uncertainty in artificial intelligence;
contributions to the area are coming from computer science, mathematics, statistics and engineering.
This carefully edited book brings together in one volume some of the most important topics of current research in probabilistic graphical modelling, learning from data and probabilistic inference. This includes topics such as the characterisation of conditional
independence, the sensitivity of the underlying probability distribution of a Bayesian network to variation in its parameters, the learning of graphical models with latent variables and extensions to the influence diagram formalism. In addition, attention is given to important application fields of probabilistic graphical models, such as the control of vehicles, bioinformatics and medicine.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-68996-6
- Copyright Information Springer 2007
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-68994-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-68996-6
- Series Print ISSN 1434-9922
- Series Online ISSN 1860-0808
- Buy this book on publisher's site