About this book
Pseudo-differential operators were initiated by Kohn, Nirenberg and Hörmander in the sixties of the last century. Beside applications in the general theory of partial differential equations, they have their roots also in the study of quantization first envisaged by Hermann Weyl thirty years earlier. Thanks to the understanding of the connections of wavelets with other branches of mathematical analysis, quantum physics and engineering, such operators have been used under different names as mathematical models in signal analysis since the last decade of the last century.
The volume investigates the mathematics of quantization and signals in the context of pseudo-differential operators, Weyl transforms, Daubechies operators, Wick quantization and time-frequency localization operators. Applications to quantization, signal analysis and the modern theory of PDE are highlighted.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-68268-4
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-68266-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-68268-4
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8434
- Buy this book on publisher's site