About this book
The two-volume work "Engineering Vibration Analysis" is devoted to problems on vibration theory analysis, which is currently one of the fundamental courses in mechanical engineering departments at technical universities.
The first volume is devoted to systems with a finite number of degrees of freedom and continuous systems are analyzed in the second. In the first part of each volume problems are posed and in the second part the detailed solutions to these problems are dealt with. Conventional and advanced problems requiring deeper knowledge of the vibration theory are analyzed. In particular, problems are formulated associated with the determination of frequencies and vibration modes, the study of free and forced vibrations, as well as with parametric and nonlinear vibration analysis. The problems associated with determination of critical parameters, dynamic stability and with random vibrations are also considered. The algorithms for their solutions are presented with probability characteristics calculation, and a reliability estimation (probability of non-failure operation) of the corresponding mechanical system.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-40970-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-05842-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-40970-0
- Series Print ISSN 1612-1384
- Series Online ISSN 1860-6237
- Buy this book on publisher's site