Table of contents
About this book
This book is both a reference for engineers and scientists and a teaching resource, featuring tutorial chapters and research papers on feature extraction.
"This book compiles some very promising techniques, coming from an extremely smart collection of researchers, delivering their best ideas in a competitive environment."
Trevor Hastie, Stanford University
"Feature selection is a key technology for making sense of the high dimensional data. Isabelle Guyon et al. have done a splendid job in designing a challenging competition, and collecting the lessons learned."
Bernhard Schoelkopf, Max Planck Institute
"There has been until now insufficient consideration of feature selection algorithms, no unified presentation of leading methods, and no systematic comparisons. This volume is noteworthy for the breadth of methods covered, the clarity of presentations, the unity in notation and the helpful statistical appendices."
David G. Stork, Ricoh Innovations
"Feature extraction finds application in biotechnology, industrial inspection, the Internet, radar, sonar, and speech recognition. This book will make a difference to the literature on machine learning."
Simon Haykin, Mc Master University
"This book sets a high standard as the public record of an interesting and effective competition."
Peter Norvig, Google Inc.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Feature Extraction
- Book Subtitle Foundations and Applications
Lofti A. Zadeh
- Series Title Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-35488-8
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-35487-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-51771-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-35488-8
- Series ISSN 1434-9922
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIV, 778
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Image Processing and Computer Vision
Mathematical and Computational Engineering
Computer Imaging, Vision, Pattern Recognition and Graphics
Computer-Aided Engineering (CAD, CAE) and Design
Applications of Mathematics
- Buy this book on publisher's site