Table of contents
About this book
Rethinking the purpose and the aim of higher education has led to new and alternative ways to assure the quality of different higher education systems. In the case studies of six OECD countries, Andrea Bernhard exemplifies the ongoing trends and changes of quality assurance systems along peer-reviewed country reports and interviews with national and international experts. The comparative analysis is based on international, descriptive, discursive, and analytical aspects concentrating on the theoretical concepts of massification, diversification, privatisation, and internationalisation. The author highlights the leading trend towards quality assurance within an international higher education area and provides recommendations to establish a functioning quality assurance system within the observed higher education systems and beyond their borders.
This book is valuable reading for academics, practitioners, and policy makers in the field of higher education.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-531-94298-8
- Copyright Information VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH 2012
- Publisher Name VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-3-531-18566-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-531-94298-8
- About this book