Table of contents
About this book
This volume provides an overview of the most sophisticated techniques of digital investigative journalism: data and computational journalism, which investigates stories hidden in numbers; immersive journalism, which digs into virtual reality; drone journalism, which conquers hitherto inaccessible territories; visual and interactive journalism, which reforms storytelling with images and audience perspectives; and digital forensics and visual analytics, which help to authenticate digital content and identify sources in order to detect manipulation. All these techniques are discussed against the backdrop of international political scenarios and globally networked societies.
This edited volume, written by renowned international media practitioners and scholars, is full of illuminating insights into digital investigative journalism and addresses professional journalists, journalism researchers and students.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-97283-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Literature, Cultural and Media Studies Literature, Cultural and Media Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-97282-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-97283-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site