Table of contents
About this book
This book explores the strong links between sustainability and the humanities, which go beyond the inclusion of social sciences in discussions on sustainability, and offers a holistic discussion on the intellectual and moral aspects of sustainable development. The contributions from researchers in the fields of education, social sciences, religion, humanities, and sustainable development fulfill three main aims:
- They provide university lecturers interested in humanities and sustainable development with an opportunity to present their work;
- foster the exchange of information, ideas and experiences acquired in the execution of teaching and research; and
- discuss methodological approaches and projects that provide a better understanding of how the humanities can contribute to the debate on sustainable development.
Prepared by the Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme and the World Sustainable Development Research and Transfer Centre, the book reiterates the need to promote integrated approaches to sustainable development. Including practice-based lessons learnt that can be replicated further, it is a valuable resource for scientists and practitioners working in the humanities and sustainable development.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-95336-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-95335-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-95336-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site