About this book
This book provides an overview of friction stir welding and friction stir spot welding with a focus on aluminium to aluminium and aluminium to copper. It also discusses experimental results for friction stir spot welding between aluminium and copper, offering a good foundation for researchers wishing to conduct more investigations on FSSW Al/Cu.
Presenting full methodologies for manufacturing and case studies on FSSW Al/Cu, which can be duplicated and used for industrial purposes, it also provides a starting point for researchers and experts in the field to investigate the FSSW process in detail.
A variant of the friction stir welding process (FSW), friction stir spot welding (FSSW) is a relatively new joining technique and has been used in a variety of sectors, such as the automotive and aerospace industries. The book describes the microstructural evolution, chemical and mechanical properties of FSW and FSSW, including a number of case studies.
aluminium to aluminium welding aluminium to copper welding FSSW Al/Cu Friction stir welding Friction stir spot welding Characterisation of materials FSW FSSW
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-92750-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-92749-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-92750-3
- Series Print ISSN 2522-560X
- Series Online ISSN 2522-5618
- Buy this book on publisher's site