About this book
This book deals with the topic of biomechanical biofeedback systems and applications that are primarily aimed at motor learning in sports and rehabilitation. It gives a comprehensive tutorial of the concepts, architectures, operation, and exemplary applications of biomechanical biofeedback systems.
A special section is dedicated to various constraints in designing biomechanical biofeedback systems. The book also describes the technologies needed for the adequate operation of biofeedback systems, such as motion tracking, communication, processing, and sensor technologies. In regard to technologies, the emphasis is on the assurance of the requirements of the real-time system operation. The application focus is on the usage in sport and rehabilitation, particularly in the field of accelerated motor learning and injury prevention.
We include several examples of operational (real-time) biofeedback applications in golf, skiing, and swimming. The book is in the first place intended for the professional audience, researchers, and scientists in the fields connected to the topics of this book.
- Book Title Biomechanical Biofeedback Systems and Applications
- Series Title Human–Computer Interaction Series
- Series Abbreviated Title Human–Computer Interaction Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-91349-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-91348-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-08232-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-91349-0
- Series ISSN 1571-5035
- Series E-ISSN 2524-4477
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 183
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 80 illustrations in colour
User Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction
Communications Engineering, Networks
Signal, Image and Speech Processing
- Buy this book on publisher's site