About this book
This book provides an applied theoretical approach to modern day business valuation. It combines elements from both finance and accounting to help practitioners identify the most suitable method for analysis, showing when and how methods can be applied in different contexts and under specific constraints. It describes how business valuation techniques can be applied to calculate value in case of transactions, litigation, IPOs, and the fair value under an IFRS framework.
The purpose of this book is to offer a guideline for the application of an integrated approach, thereby avoiding "copy and paste" valuations, based on pre-packaged parameters and the uncritical use of models. Specifically, an Integrated Valuation Approach (IVA) should be adopted that encompasses, within any specific method, a wide range of elements reflecting the characteristics and specificities of the firm to be valued.
The book is based on the International Valuation Standards issued by the International Valuation Standards Council. Valuation standards allow for an alignment of both the methods and their application, providing a common basis for valuers.
Company Valuation Accounting Finance International Valuation Standards Intangible Assets Valuation Distressed Company Valuation Cost of Capital Income-based Approach Market-based Approach Cost-based Approach
- Book Title Business Valuation
- Book Subtitle Theory and Practice
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-89494-2
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance Economics and Finance (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-89493-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-07786-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-89494-2
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XV, 227
- Number of Illustrations 41 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Popular Science in Finance
- Buy this book on publisher's site