About this book
It contains 20 contributions from leading scientists in applied mathematics dealing with partial differential equations and their applications to engineering, ab-initio chemistry and life sciences. It includes the mathematical and numerical contributions to PDE for applications presented at the ECCOMAS thematic conference "Contributions to PDE for Applications" held at Laboratoire Jacques Louis Lions in Paris, France, August 31- September 1, 2015, and at the Department of Mathematics, University of Houston, Texas, USA, February 26-27, 2016.
This event brought together specialists from universities and research institutions who are developing or applying numerical PDE or ODE methods with an emphasis on industrial and societal applications.
This volume is of interest to researchers and practitioners as well as advanced students or engineers in applied and computational mathematics. All contributions are written at an advanced scientific level with no effort made by the editors to make this volume self-contained.
It is assumed that the reader is a specialist already who knows the basis of this field of research and has the capability of understanding and appreciating the latest developments in this field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-78325-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-78324-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-78325-3
- Series Print ISSN 1871-3033
- Buy this book on publisher's site