Table of contents
About this book
An overview of the biochemical mechanisms that produce acute nerve cell death in the brain. Covers injuries and disorders including stroke, brain and spinal cord trauma, hypoglycemic coma, and prolonged epileptic seizures. All of these lead to high concentrations of calcium in nerve cells which, in turn, causes degradation of cytoplasmic proteins, cleavage of nuclear DNA, and eventually cell death.
The Second Edition contains 11 thoroughly updated chapters and 3 additional chapters that did not appear in the previous edition.
DNA Flow Nervous System Neurology Neuroscience apoptosis caspase-independent mechanisms excitotoxicity necrosis neurons programmed cell death
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77495-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-77494-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-77495-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site