Table of contents
About this book
This book provides international perspectives on the use of digital technologies in primary, lower secondary and upper secondary school mathematics. It gathers contributions by the members of three topic study groups from the 13th International Congress on Mathematical Education and covers a range of themes that will appeal to researchers and practitioners alike. The chapters include studies on technologies such as virtual manipulatives, apps, custom-built assessment tools, dynamic geometry, computer algebra systems and communication tools.
Chiefly focusing on teaching and learning mathematics, the book also includes two chapters that address the evidence for technologies’ effects on school mathematics. The diverse technologies considered provide a broad overview of the potential that digital solutions hold in connection with teaching and learning. The chapters provide both a snapshot of the status quo of technologies in school mathematics, and outline how they might impact school mathematics ten to twenty years from now.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-76575-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-76574-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-76575-4
- Series Print ISSN 2520-8322
- Series Online ISSN 2520-8330
- Buy this book on publisher's site