Table of contents
About this book
This book aims to provide an overview of several topics in advanced Differential Geometry and Lie Group Theory, all of them stemming from mathematical problems in supersymmetric physical theories. It presents a mathematical illustration of the main development in geometry and symmetry theory that occurred under the fertilizing influence of supersymmetry/supergravity.
The contents are mainly of mathematical nature, but each topic is introduced by historical information and enriched with motivations from high energy physics, which help the reader in getting a deeper comprehension of the subject.
Supersymmetry/supergravity. Group theory for physicists Lie groups Special geometries Black holes Geometry of symmetric spaces Strings and branes Differential geometry of Coset manifolds quaternionic geometry Kaehler quotient ale manifolds nilpotent orbits Tits-Satake projection
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-74491-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-74490-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-74491-9
- Series Print ISSN 1864-5879
- Series Online ISSN 1864-5887
- About this book