Table of contents
About this book
As the first extensive exploration of contemporary third wave HCI, this handbook covers key developments at the leading edge of human-computer interactions. Now in its second decade as a major current of HCI research, the third wave integrates insights from the humanities and social sciences to emphasize human dimensions beyond workplace efficiency or cognitive capacities. The earliest HCI work was strongly based on the concept of human-machine coupling, which expanded to workplace collaboration as computers came into mainstream professional use. Today HCI can connect to almost any human experience because there are new applications for every aspect of daily life.
Volume 1 - Technologies covers technical application areas related to artificial intelligence, metacreation, machine learning, perceptual computing, 3D printing, critical making, physical computing, the internet of things, accessibility, sonification, natural language processing, multimodal display, and virtual reality.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-73356-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-73355-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-73356-2
- Series Print ISSN 1571-5035
- Series Online ISSN 2524-4477
- Buy this book on publisher's site