Table of contents
About this book
This book explores the transforming political climate of several emerging powers—Turkey, China, and India—and the key role think tanks play in that transformation. With case studies from three think tanks, the authors uncover the unique challenges that emerging power think tanks face in gaining recognition as global tanks and how networks will influence this process. To do so, they first establish what it means to be a global think tank in the context of emerging powers. Next, they provide the three case studies beginning with an examination of the Observer Research Foundation, a prominent Indian think tank, followed by a study of China’s Chongyang Institute for Financial Studies, and concluding with a discussion on the Economic Policy Research Foundation of Turkey. Following these case studies, the authors further explore the dynamic of a think tank network with remarks from presidents of think tanks in the T20 think tank network.
James G. McGann is Senior Lecturer in International Studies and Director of the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) at the University of Pennsylvania, USA.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-71955-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2018
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-71954-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-71955-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site