Table of contents
About this book
This book describes the essential components of the SCION secure Internet architecture, the first architecture designed foremost for strong security and high availability. Among its core features, SCION also provides route control, explicit trust information, multipath communication, scalable quality-of-service guarantees, and efficient forwarding. The book includes functional specifications of the network elements, communication protocols among these elements, data structures, and configuration files. In particular, the book offers a specification of a working prototype.
The authors provide a comprehensive description of the main design features for achieving a secure Internet architecture. They facilitate the reader throughout, structuring the book so that the technical detail gradually increases, and supporting the text with a glossary, an index, a list of abbreviations, answers to frequently asked questions, and special highlighting for examples and for sections that explain important research, engineering, and deployment features. The book is suitable for researchers, practitioners, and graduate students who are interested in network security.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-67080-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-67079-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-67080-5
- Series Print ISSN 1619-7100
- Series Online ISSN 2197-845X
- Buy this book on publisher's site