About this book
Dynamic materials are studied in this book from the following perspectives: ability to appear in dissimilar implementations, universality as formations that are thermodynamically open, and unusual effects supported by dynamic materials in mechanical and electromagnetic implementations. Special effects accompanying the wave propagation through material geometries in space-time are analyzed by dynamic (spatio-temporal) laminates for screening the extended domains. An extended classification is provided for activated and kinetic dynamic materials, based on the nonstandard exposition of Maxwell-Minkowski electrodynamics of moving bodies. Unique applications as well as fundamental optimization problems are listed within the discussion.
This book is intended for applied mathematicians interested in optimal problems of material design for systems governed by hyperbolic differential equations. It will also be useful for researchers in the field of smart metamaterials and their applications to optimal material design in dynamics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-65346-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-65345-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-65346-4
- Series Print ISSN 1571-8689
- Series Online ISSN 1876-9896
- About this book