About this book
This is the first textbook dedicated to explaining how artificial intelligence (AI) techniques can be used in and for games. After introductory chapters that explain the background and key techniques in AI and games, the authors explain how to use AI to play games, to generate content for games and to model players.
The book will be suitable for undergraduate and graduate courses in games, artificial intelligence, design, human-computer interaction, and computational intelligence, and also for self-study by industrial game developers and practitioners. The authors have developed a website (http://www.gameaibook.org) that complements the material covered in the book with up-to-date exercises, lecture slides and reading.
- Book Title Artificial Intelligence and Games
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-63519-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-63518-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-63519-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXIII, 337
- Number of Illustrations 7 b/w illustrations, 76 illustrations in colour
User Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction
Computer Appl. in Arts and Humanities
- Buy this book on publisher's site