Table of contents
About this book
This book describes new algorithms and ideas for making effective decisions under constraints, including applications in control engineering, manufacturing (how to optimally determine the production level), econometrics (how to better predict stock market behavior), and environmental science and geosciences (how to combine data of different types). It also describes general algorithms and ideas that can be used in other application areas.
The book presents extended versions of selected papers from the annual International Workshops on Constraint Programming and Decision Making (CoProd’XX) from 2013 to 2016. These workshops, held in the US (El Paso, Texas) and in Europe (Würzburg, Germany, and Uppsala, Sweden), have attracted researchers and practitioners from all over the world.
It is of interest to practitioners who benefit from the new techniques, to researchers who want to extend the ideas from these papers to new application areas and/or further improve the corresponding algorithms, and to graduate students who want to learn more – in short, to anyone who wants to make more effective decisions under constraints.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Constraint Programming and Decision Making: Theory and Applications
- Series Title Studies in Systems, Decision and Control
- Series Abbreviated Title Studies in Systems, Decision and Control
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-61753-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-61752-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-87153-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-61753-4
- Series ISSN 2198-4182
- Series E-ISSN 2198-4190
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 128
- Number of Illustrations 6 b/w illustrations, 1 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site