About this book
This book contributes to the field of hybrid technology, describing the current state of knowledge concerning the hybrid material concept of laminated metallic and composite sheets for primary aeronautical structural applications. It is the only book to date on fatigue and fracture of fibre metal laminates (FMLs).
The first section of the book provides a general background of the FML technology, highlighting the major FML types developed and studied over the past decades in conjunction with an overview of industrial developments based on filed patents. In turn, the second section discusses the mechanical response to quasi-static loading, together with the fracture phenomena during quasi-static and cyclic loading. To consider the durability aspects related to strength justification and certification of primary aircraft structures, the third section discusses thermal aspects related to FMLs and their mechanical response to various environmental and acoustic conditions.
- Book Title Fatigue and Fracture of Fibre Metal Laminates
- Series Title Solid Mechanics and Its Applications
- Series Abbreviated Title Solid Mechanics, Applicat.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-56227-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-56226-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-56227-8
- Series Print ISSN 0925-0042
- Series Online ISSN 2214-7764
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 300
- Number of Illustrations 73 b/w illustrations, 116 illustrations in colour
Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
Characterization and Evaluation of Materials
Aerospace Technology and Astronautics
- Buy this book on publisher's site