Table of contents
About this book
This book covers computationally innovative methods and technologies including data collection and elicitation, data processing, data analysis, data visualizations, and data presentation. It explores how digital humanists have harnessed the hypersociality and social technologies, benefited from the open-source sharing not only of data but of code, and made technological capabilities a critical part of humanities work.
Chapters are written by researchers from around the world, bringing perspectives from diverse fields and subject areas. The respective authors describe their work, their research, and their learning. Topics include semantic web for cultural heritage valorization, machine learning for parody detection by classification, psychological text analysis, crowdsourcing imagery coding in natural disasters, and creating inheritable digital codebooks.
Designed for researchers and academics, this book is suitable for those interested in methodologies and analytics that can be applied in literature, history, philosophy, linguistics, and related disciplines. Professionals such as librarians, archivists, and historians will also find the content informative and instructive.
Data analytics Digital humanities Literary corpora Narratives Sentiment analysis Cultural heritage semantics LIWC2015 Machine parody detection Related tags networks Inheritable digital codebooks Library science in DH
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Data Analytics in Digital Humanities
- Series Title Multimedia Systems and Applications
- Series Abbreviated Title Multimedia Syst.,Applicat.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-54499-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-54498-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-85408-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-54499-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXII, 295
- Number of Illustrations 14 b/w illustrations, 23 illustrations in colour
Information Systems and Communication Service
Computer Appl. in Arts and Humanities
Computer Communication Networks
- Buy this book on publisher's site