About this book
In 2013 the late Prof. Altarelli wrote: The discovery of the Higgs boson and the non-observation of new particles or exotic phenomena have made a big step towards completing the experimental confirmation of the standard model of fundamental particle interactions. It is thus a good moment for me to collect, update and improve my graduate lecture notes on quantum chromodynamics and the theory of electroweak interactions, with main focus on collider physics. I hope that these lectures can provide an introduction to the subject for the interested reader, assumed to be already familiar with quantum field theory and some basic facts in elementary particle physics as taught in undergraduate courses.
“These lecture notes are a beautiful example of Guido’s unique pedagogical abilities and scientific vision”. From the Foreword by Gian Giudice.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-51920-3
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2017
- License CC BY
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-51919-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-51920-3
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8450
- Series Online ISSN 1616-6361
- Buy this book on publisher's site