About this book
This book highlights the latest improvements in cadastre with examples and case studies from various parts of the world. Authors from different continents, in association with national and international organizations and societies, present the most comprehensive forum to date for cadastre, offering a broad overview of land administration and contemporary perspectives on current research and developments, including surveying, land management, remote sensing and geo-information sciences.
Cadastre is a universal concept and is defined as “the work of officially mapping and systemically registering the areas, borders and values of all kinds of land and property”. It is normally a parcel-based and up-to-date land information system containing a record of interests in land with rights, restrictions and responsibilities. It may be established for fiscal and legal purposes, to assist in management for better planning and other administrative purposes, and to enable sustainable development and environmental protection. As such, “cadastre” is an important public inventory documenting the records of ownership, bordering and responsibility regarding the land with “title deeds” to parcels and answering the questions of “whose land, where and how much”.
The materials included in the book can support courses at universities and related training institutions worldwide, and will greatly improve readers’ understanding of the scholarly fields involved in cadastre: land registration and management, surveying and mapping, and geo-information management, land governance, land taxation and public administration etc.
Cadastre and land adminstration Land registration and GIS Land administration remote sensing 3D Cadastre and geo-information sciences Marine Cadastre
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Cadastre: Geo-Information Innovations in Land Administration
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-51216-7
- Copyright Information Capital Publishing Company 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-51215-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-51216-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 335
- Number of Illustrations 118 b/w illustrations, 6 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Jointly published with Capital Publishing Company, New Delhi, India
Geographical Information Systems/Cartography
Landscape/Regional and Urban Planning
- Buy this book on publisher's site