About this book
This book describes and analyses necessities for a more resource-efficient world. It discusses solutions for a more sustainable use of natural resources, addressing decision-makers and experts from the fields of policy development, industry, academia, civil society, and the media. The book presents strategies, concrete ways and examples of achieving more sustainable resource use in practice.
Following on from two previous titles published on Factor X by the Umweltbundesamt (German Environment Agency), entitled “Factor X: Policy, Strategies and Instruments for a Sustainable Resource Use” (2013) and “Factor X: Re-source – Designing the Recycling Society” (2014), this book further investigates how savings in natural resources and resource efficiency improvements could be achieved, focusing on good practice examples that cover different resource categories, pursue different efficiency strategies and come from different sectors, e.g. innovative products or services, technology, management approaches, systemic approaches, etc.
The background against which this work is done has a highly comprehensive span, from the first Declaration of the Factor X Club in the nineties, to the European Commission’s Roadmap to a Resource Efficient Europe that was published in September 2011, through to the German Federal government’s German Resource Efficiency Programme (ProgRess I and II) in 2012 and 2016, the G7 Alliance for Resource Efficiency, and most recently the development and implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
Sustainable development Sustainable resource use Raw material Resource efficiency Eco efficiency
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Factor X
- Book Subtitle Challenges, Implementation Strategies and Examples for a Sustainable Use of Natural Resources
- Series Title Eco-Efficiency in Industry and Science
- Series Abbreviated Title Eco-Efficiency Indust.,Sci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-50079-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-50078-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-84312-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-50079-9
- Series ISSN 1389-6970
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages IX, 452
- Number of Illustrations 5 b/w illustrations, 70 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site