Table of contents
About this book
Future technical systems will be companion systems, competent assistants that provide their functionality in a completely individualized way, adapting to a user’s capabilities, preferences, requirements, and current needs, and taking into account both the emotional state and the situation of the individual user.
This book presents the enabling technology for such systems. It introduces a variety of methods and techniques to implement an individualized, adaptive, flexible, and robust behavior for technical systems by means of cognitive processes, including perception, cognition, interaction, planning, and reasoning. The technological developments are complemented by empirical studies from psychological and neurobiological perspectives.
Companion Systems Cognitive Systems Artificial Intelligence (AI) Automated Planning Knowledge Representation (KR) Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) Multimodal Interaction Dialogue Management Emotion Recognition Information Fusion
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-43665-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2017
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-43664-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-43665-4
- Series Print ISSN 1611-2482
- Series Online ISSN 2197-6635
- Buy this book on publisher's site