Table of contents
About this book
This book focuses on recent research in modern optimization and its implications in control and data analysis. This book is a collection of papers from the conference “Optimization and Its Applications in Control and Data Science” dedicated to Professor Boris T. Polyak, which was held in Moscow, Russia on May 13-15, 2015.
This book reflects developments in theory and applications rooted by Professor Polyak’s fundamental contributions to constrained and unconstrained optimization, differentiable and nonsmooth functions, control theory and approximation. Each paper focuses on techniques for solving complex optimization problems in different application areas and recent developments in optimization theory and methods. Open problems in optimization, game theory and control theory are included in this collection which will interest engineers and researchers working with efficient algorithms and software for solving optimization problems in market and data analysis. Theoreticians in operations research, applied mathematics, algorithm design, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and software engineering will find this book useful and graduate students will find the state-of-the-art research valuable.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-42056-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-42054-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-42056-1
- Series Print ISSN 1931-6828
- Series Online ISSN 1931-6836
- Buy this book on publisher's site