About this book
Focusing on stochastic porous media equations, this book places an emphasis on existence theorems, asymptotic behavior and ergodic properties of the associated transition semigroup. Stochastic perturbations of the porous media equation have reviously been considered by physicists, but rigorous mathematical existence results have only recently been found.
The porous media equation models a number of different physical phenomena, including the flow of an ideal gas and the diffusion of a compressible fluid through porous media, and also thermal propagation in plasma and plasma radiation. Another important application is to a model of the standard self-organized criticality process, called the "sand-pile model" or the "Bak-Tang-Wiesenfeld model".
The book will be of interest to PhD students and researchers in mathematics, physics and biology.
Primary: 60H15, 35K55, Secondary: 76S99, 76M30, 76M35 Porous Media Equations Gaussian Noise Stochastic Processes Stochastic PDEs Self organizing criticality
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-41069-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-41068-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-41069-2
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8434
- Series Online ISSN 1617-9692
- Buy this book on publisher's site