About this book
The International Civic and Citizenship Education Study (ICCS) investigates the ways in which young people are prepared to undertake their roles as citizens in a range of countries in the second decade of the 21st century. ICCS 2016 is a continuation of a study initiated in 2009. This document outlines the framework and assessment design for the ICCS 2016.
ICCS 2016 will report on student knowledge and understanding of key aspects of civics and citizenship, as well as student attitudes to, and engagement with, civic life. This survey is intended to respond to enduring and emerging challenges of educating young people in a world where contexts of democracy and civic participation continue to change. New developments include the increase in the use of social media as a tool for civic engagement, growing concerns about global threats and sustainable development, as well as recognition of the role of schools in fostering peaceful ways of interaction between young people.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-39357-5
- Copyright Information International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement (IEA) 2016
- License CC BY-NC
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-39356-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-39357-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site