About this book
This book records the state of the art in research on mathematics-related affect. It discusses the concepts and theories of mathematics-related affect along the lines of three dimensions.
The first dimension identifies three broad categories of affect: motivation, emotions, and beliefs. The book contains one chapter on motivation, including discussions on how emotions and beliefs relate to motivation. There are two chapters that focus on beliefs and a chapter on attitude which cross-cuts through all these categories. The second dimension covers a rapidly fluctuating state to a more stable trait. All chapters in the book focus on trait-type affect and the chapter on motivation discusses both these dimensions. The third dimension regards the three main levels of theorizing: physiological (embodied), psychological (individual) and social. All chapters reflect that mathematics-related affect has mainly been studied using psychological theories.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-32811-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2016
- License CC BY
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-32810-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-32811-9
- Series Print ISSN 2366-5947
- Series Online ISSN 2366-5955
- Buy this book on publisher's site