About these proceedings
This volume presents the proceedings of Medicon 2016, held in Paphos, Cyprus.
Medicon 2016 is the XIV in the series of regional meetings of the International Federation of Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE) in the Mediterranean. The goal of Medicon 2016 is to provide updated information on the state of the art on Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing under the main theme “Systems Medicine for the Delivery of Better Healthcare Services”.
Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing cover complementary disciplines that hold great promise for the advancement of research and development in complex medical and biological systems. Research and development in these areas are impacting the science and technology by advancing fundamental concepts in translational medicine, by helping us understand human physiology and function at multiple levels, by improving tools and techniques for the detection, prevention and treatment of disease. Medicon 2016 provides a common platform for the cross fertilization of ideas, and to help shape knowledge and scientific achievements by bridging complementary disciplines into an interactive and attractive forum under the special theme of the conference that is Systems Medicine for the Delivery of Better Healthcare Services. The programme consists of some 290 invited and submitted papers on new developments around the Conference theme, presented in 3 plenary sessions, 29 parallel scientific sessions and 12 special sessions.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title XIV Mediterranean Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing 2016
- Book Subtitle MEDICON 2016, March 31st-April 2nd 2016, Paphos, Cyprus
Constantinos S. Pattichis
- Series Title IFMBE Proceedings
- Series Abbreviated Title IFMBE Proceedings
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-32703-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-32701-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-32703-7
- Series ISSN 1680-0737
- Series E-ISSN 1433-9277
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXXVI, 1367
- Number of Illustrations 1049 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Biomedical Engineering and Bioengineering
Medical and Radiation Physics
- Buy this book on publisher's site