About this book
This volume presents a collection of papers presented at the 16th International Symposium of Robotic Research (ISRR). ISRR is the biennial meeting of the International Foundation of Robotic Research (IFRR) and its 16th edition took place in Singapore over the period 16th to 19th December 2013. The ISRR is the longest running series of robotics research meetings and dates back to the very earliest days of robotics as a research discipline. This 16th ISRR meeting was held in the 30th anniversary year of the very first meeting which took place in Bretton Woods (New Hampshire, USA) in August 1983., and represents thirty years at the forefront of ideas in robotics research.
As for the previous symposia, ISRR 2013 followed up on the successful concept of a mixture of invited contributions and open submissions. 16 of the contributions were invited contributions from outstanding researchers selected by the IFRR officers and the program committee, and the other contributions were chosen among the open submissions after peer review. This selection process resulted in a truly excellent technical program which featured some of the very best of robotic research. These papers were presented in a single-track interactive format which enables real conversations between speakers and the audience.
The symposium contributions contained in this volume report on a variety of new robotics research results covering a broad spectrum organized into traditional ISRR categories: control; design; intelligence and learning; manipulation; perception; and planning.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Robotics Research
- Book Subtitle The 16th International Symposium ISRR
- Series Title Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics
- Series Abbreviated Title Spr.Tracts in Adv.Robotics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-28872-7
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-28870-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-319-80445-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-319-28872-7
- Series ISSN 1610-7438
- Series E-ISSN 1610-742X
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 701
- Number of Illustrations 265 b/w illustrations, 33 illustrations in colour
Robotics and Automation
- Buy this book on publisher's site